Monday 30 January 2012

Geocaching Adventure

At the weekend in Ballybunion, I went Geocaching to try and find the geocache which was hidden by the nine daughters hole on the cliff walk. Having taken this walk many times before, the thought of a capsule tagged on a GPS map hidden on this route for people to find was unbelievable. I was thinking it must be gone or someone found it and stole it, however after following the hints and compass using the application on my iPhone, low and behold after some routing in a ditch over looking the atlantic ocean, there I found as described, an orange capsule with a log note, pencil, instructions and other items people left behind inside. I was the 39th person to sign the log page since it was planted there in April 2011. Also inside was a few adverts for restaurants in Minnesota, USA and Statford Upon Avon in the UK which others left to publicise there businesses.

The buzz I got when I found the capsule was great and I am now determined to find the 2 remaining geocaches in the area around Ballybunion and also plan to register a cache online myself for others to find. Here is a photo of the cache with the log page.

No comments:

Post a Comment